Birgit Leb has worked for SCWP since 2006 and has been a managing shareholder since 2010. From the end of 2002 to 2006, she worked in local commercial law firms as an associate.
Birgit Leb completed her degree in law at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz. She did her court internship at Linz-Land District Court and at Linz Regional Court. She did her doctorate (“Dr.jur.”), in 2004, receiving excellent marks. In 2006, Birgit Leb passed the lawyer’s examination at Linz Upper Regional Court, scoring very good marks.
In 2013 she completed the MBA program for lawyers at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz. Her Masterthesis covered the topic „Businessplan using the example of an E-Paymentsystem on the Internet“.
Birgit Leb deals primarily with the “Marriage and Company” interface and advises domestic companies in the formulation of articles of association, preliminary agreements under marriage law and other contracts between spouses.
She also advises clients in this connection during separations or divorces or other family law issues. In addition, Birgit Leb has substantial experience in the area of company and corporate law cases, M&A transactions and reorganisations and restructurings.
In addition to her work as a lawyer, Birgit Leb is a speaker at the lawyers’ academy and the author of numerous articles in relevant specialist journals. Furthermore, Birgit Leb is also a lecturer for commercial law at the Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences.
Dr Birgit Leb, MBA and Univ.-Prof. Dr Astrid Deixler-Hübner (Head of the Institute of European and Austrian Civil Procedure Law at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz with research focus of civil procedure and family law) are in regular scientific and professional exchange. Both are for example lectures for specific topics of the Academy of Law (AWAK) for lawyers for training and education and they work together at current issues.“
- Advice in connection with the spin-off and the merger of the leading Austrian building technology companies to form a joint company for the building technology sector
- Creation of the entire documentation required according to MiFid (=Markets in Financial Instruments Directive) for a direct bank located in Austria
- All kinds of divorces, specially for businessmen and businesswomen
- Legal advice and representation (at Court) connected with after-divorce division of the marital assets
- Preparation of contracts for life partners, also as provision for the future and medical prevention
- Prevention in the form of partnership agreement, employment and/or marriage contract
- Creation of business-follow-up models or succeeding models and voting powers/authorities for ex-spouses
- Legal action to claim company law demands for (ex-)spouses
- Calculation of aliment for ex-spouses and children, specially for business people
- Legal advice and representation (at Court) to get custody and visitation rights of parents