Antitrust and competition law has rapidly gained in importance over the last few years at European and national level. Antitrust infringements are frequently prosecuted with exorbitant fines threatening companies' existence. Therefore, risks of antitrust and comptition law have to be taken seriously and suitable compliance matters should be set into place in advance.
Besides merger control, abuse of dominance, State aid, and cartel investigations special issues such as technology transfer, research and development or specialisation are of importance nowadays. We advise and represent domestic and foreign companies on site, in particular before the authorities in Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and before the European Commission in Brussels and at the Courts in Luxembourg.
In addition, we support our clients during dawn raids competition authorities and the subsequent proceedings before the European Commission and the national competition authorities.
The focus areas of our activity
- Cartel investigations (e.g. dawn raids, requests for information) by the European Commission and national competition authorities
- Abuse of dominance
- Merger control
- State aid
- Horizontal and vertical agreements, in particular horizontal cooperations between competitors
- Distribution agreement (e.g. agency agreements, dealer and franchise agreements, selective distribution systems, vertical agreements, purchasing cooperations)
- Licences and technology transfer agreements
- Research & development
- Prodution and specialisation agreements
- Seminars and antitrust compliance trainings